Thursday Thirteen: This Is The End
Every Thursday we bring you III Communication’s Conference III Power Rankings, the Thursday Thirteen.
This week, the last fake rankings of the year.
1. St. Louis Blues: The Blues are getting their comeuppance for that bizarre week off they had back near the beginning of the year, the schedule now jammed full of games and the Blues are sweating. Could they lose their No. 1 seed?
2. Colorado Avalanche: Meanwhile, Colorado is lurking. If their playoff appearance (and finishing the year with the Conference III Belt) is a surprise, winning the whole dang thing would just knock your socks off.
3. Scott Upshall: As we all know, zoo enthusiast Nathan Horton scored a goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets last night despite not technically playing in the game. But he’s not the first player to record a point. Scott Upshall got the assist on Greg Johnson’s goal in the Jiri Fischer game, but when that game was resumed, Upshall had been assigned by the Preds to Milwaukee. Horton scored from the press box, but Upshall got an assist from the bus leagues.
4. Chicago Blackhawks: The ‘Hawks finally won in overtime last night. Finally.
5. This Big Welsh Dragon: Anybody need a dragon?
A 65 foot fibreglass dragon is looking for a new home after a Welsh couple decided that they wanted to turn their garden into a vegetable patch.
Steve Fletcher from Cardiff bagged the huge model dragon, nicknamed Pugin, five years ago after it was made as a stage for a nightclub.
He brought it home in 37 separate pieces and assembled the dragon in his back garden.